Sunday 22 April 2012

Inspire yourself



THXTHXTHX (A Thank You Note A Day)
Hello, I’m Germaine (aka WearingGnome from Lost In Sunshine;) and I am a brand new contributor of Pencil Rubbings. Today, I want to share tips of creating a journal that inspires you.

Do you have a day you feel awfully miserable and nothing seems like it went your way? Do you have a day when you feel hopeless and maybe even, attempt to suicide? No more, dear. No more. Make your inspirational journal today and all your worries will just walk away! (I sound like an advertisement, but I encourage everyone to do this.)

So what is an ‘Inspirational Journal’ anyway? It’s a journal where you keep track of your happiness and wonderful moments that occurred to you, so when you are older(or not very old) you look back and feel the joy splashing at your face all over again. And I hope, you'd look at it when you are sad, and from there, smile again.

Here are some tips I recommend to make your inspirational journal:

1.         Get a book. A premade notebook, a notebook you made yourself doesn’t matter.
2.         Decorate your journal. Flowers, ribbons, stickers, whatever! As long as it makes you smile and you could write comfortable on it, go ahead!
3.         Write in detail interesting moments of your life. You know those ‘lol’s you saw on the Internet? Remember those hilarious moments you and your friends made? Oh perhaps your crush asked you for an eraser?  Write them down! And quick too, in case the memory and why you laughed upon it has gone away over time.
4.         Attach other sources on it. When I say other source, I mean photos, quotes, items that reminds you about that certain event. Like a scrapbook! To support how hilarious those moments are.
5.         Date your notes. I always date my notes. I think it’s important to know when you’ve written it tells you when did it happened, and how long has it passed.
6.         Negative events are a big no-no. When you look back, you sure do not want to remember those embarrassing moments that occurred to you, do you? But if your embarrassment are within a laugh, sure, put it down!
7.         Update regularly. This may be the most important and the point most people ignore at all times. Many people has abandoned journals because they never update. And then they forget. Always take a day in the week to write something funny in it, but the more days you update, the better!

When I started my journal, my friend asked me why don’t I do it online? And I told her as simple as, It won’t be as interesting. Don’t anyone think looking at your handwriting defines the mood you are at during those moments? I feel like that too. And that’s why I choose to write my journals on paper than the Internet. I hope you feel the same way too.

See you next time!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

We appreciate your comments a lot and we promise to get back to you as soon as we can. (: No spam please!